Like you, I love to “pig out” at the buffet on a cruise, so I’m not going to be a hypocrite and tell you NOT to eat. I refuse to blend shrubs and twigs and call it meal; I want to have my (Banana Dream) cake and (fine or cheap) wine and eat and drink it too. I move my assets more than I sit on them which is why I can get away with indulging when I feel like it. 85% of the time I eat healthy nutrient-dense foods, and I spend the majority of my waking hours moving my assets rather than plotzing on them.
I’ve been cruising for more than 30 years and I even taught classes aboard a few cruise ships. In fact, I am going to be moving assets on Grand Classica, Grand Bahamas Paradise cruise line from April 23 – 29, 2019. I would love for you to join me! Here is my #1 tip so I don’t come home weighing more than the ship: “Add, don’t subtract!” ADD more movement, and cut down on the (un needed) crap as much as possible…you can still have your (Banana Dream) cake and (fine or cheap) wine!
How can you do that?
1. Don’t use the elevator AT ALL.( Ok, maybe just to take your luggage off the ship the day you disembark..but that’s it). Take the stairs! Walk to all your meals and daily activities. No elevators! Your Fit Bit will get more hits than Ellen’s twitter page.
2. Take a 30-minute walk before breakfast–every day! (Sorry, your walking tour doesn’t count toward this, but it is extra credit.) Make sure to move (at least 20 minutes) after every meal. Ah the legendary Bethy’s digestion walk!…it will help you clear the sugar from you blood and lower your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes…seriously!!
3. Don’t stop your regular exercise routine just because you’re on vacation.
4. Walk the deck–not just forwards, but backwards and sideways. Add some squats, too. (Bring a friend so you don’t look ridiculous.)
5. When you’re grazing those incredible buffets, look for foods that aren’t fried or swimming in oil. Choose salads that don’t have mayo-based dressings and foods that aren’t coated with layers of batter.
Want more tips from me about cruising? Years ago I was interviewed on BlogTalkRadio by TV travel host Marie O’Mara, who is also Chief Romance Officer (yes, that’s really her title!) for Honeymoons.com.
Marie asked me how not to gain a size when you go on a cruise–and other tips for staying fit while still enjoying that midnight chocolate buffet, LOL.
You can listen to my brilliant answers by clicking here: www.blogtalkradio.com/marieomara
Eat, drink, and move your (fine young) assets while on vacation and you won’t come home more “jiggly” than before.
“My mission is NOT to make you an Olympic athlete; it is to PREVENT you from being the star of the ‘I’ve fallen and I can’t get up commercial!’ Stick with me so there will be no slow-moving motorized scooters, no grab bars installed by your toilette’, and no deprivation diets ever again… in YOUR future!”—Luv, The Asset Queen
Bethanne Weiss B.S., aka the Asset Queen, is a motivational speaker, author, ACE-certified fitness and nutrition professional, and ACE-certified behavior-change specialist with 30 years of moving assets from chairs and changing lives. MoveYourAssets.com
Love my AQ wisdom? You can read lots more in my book, Move Your Assets: From the Chair, Not the Bank!